Friday, September 4, 2009

New Job! Amazing food.




When it comes to the work scene, Ive upgraded. I mean, don't get me wrong, boiled hot dogs and stale nachos are some of my favorite foods that just 'hit the spot!' but I have found my new food love, Dukes Chowder House. And lucky me, I work there. (The one at Kent Station)




I'm that hostess, that smiles at you awkwardly, and says the same line over and over again. "hey! Welcome to Dukes!" then I seat you. I then sift through my mind on what to talk to them about. "Wow, look... its raining!" OK, so I'm not that awkward, but Ive thrown out a few weird lines to people... Like "Have a good food..." or there is the famous "Happy day!"... and a few times, when seeing people out the door, I would give them the peace sign.




But I love this job. The coolest thing is when I come in, to clock in, I have to put my index finger on this print reading thing. It makes me feel like I'm a secret agent or something. But alas, as I am being finger printed, I find that I am not a criminal, and I am not about to open the magic doors to some secret chamber, I only walk to my wooden stand in the front, and put on my best smile.




The food is amazing. I could write a novel on how amazing this food is. Mouth watering, never gets old. Best chowder in the whole wide world. If you haven't been to Dukes Chowder house... you should come in on Monday, that's half off wine bottles!! lucky you. :) ha. Anyways. It's seriously amazing. Kinda pricey... but amazing.


click here to look at the menu.

and click here for the website.
then get off the computer and come to Dukes :)




*Photo: Dukes award winning Clam Chowder.





3 comments:

Ashlee said...

I just realized I hadn't read your blog in forever. I was reading through it all and saw the preschool post. LOVE IT. So funny! Aren't "my" kids cute?
Also - I'm glad you love EFY and I can't believe you made it into the book - can I see it? Also - what I regretted about high school was having a boyfriend - don't waste your time on just one boy. Enjoy them all! :) No really - just enjoy your friends and hang out with lots of people. (Sorry my comments are so delayed!)

jack!e @ One Saturday Morning said...

haha "wow....look its raining"...I'm going to come to Dukes just to see you sometime!

Kelci and Jake said...

lol you're a spaz